The Association of Diabetes Nurse Educators of the Philippines, Inc (ADNEP) is a duly recognized specialty organization of the Philippine Nurses Association (PNA) and an accredited Professional Regulation Commission Continuing Professional Education (PRC-CPE) provider. It is a non-profit, professional and socio-civic organization whose purpose is to provide quality diabetes care through education, training and research.
ADNEP promotes and maintains the standards of professional nursing by disseminating vital and accurate knowledge on diabetes care and developing skills in the care of people with diabetes. It also safeguards the interest and welfare of its members.
A leading association of globally competent diabetes nurse educators moving people to action towards high level of wellness
Empower diabetes nurse educators to move people towards the promotion of health and prevention and control of diabetes through education, research, and multi-sectoral collaboration
- Provide creative and innovative diabetes education programs for registered nurses
- Promote quality diabetes self-management education and care of people with diabetes and those at risk
- Create programs and services to raise consciousness about diabetes
- Utilize evidence-based practices in diabetes education and care
- Establish strong linkages with government and non-government agencies globally
- Love of God
- Client-centered and respect for human dignity and autonomy
- Caring and compassion
- Personal integrity
- Unity and Teamwork
- Commitment to lifelong learning and excellence
Diabetes Education Training Program
A 14-day intensive training program that aims to equip the nurses with basic knowledge about diabetes and its management which they can use to educate their clients. It is offered every April and September in Marikina City. Regional training is being conducted upon request.
Diabetes Education Update
A Seminar workshop being offered to registered nurses, nursing graduates, nursing students and other healthcare professionals to keep them abreast on the latest issues and updates on diabetes management
Annual General Assembly
An annual assembly of ADNEP members to keep them posted on ADNEP activities and be aware of the latest news on diabetes education and management
A joint activity of ADNEP and Philippine Association of Diabetes Educators (PADE) that is open for all health care professionals for updates on diabetes management.